Instead of repainting faded painted walls, give them a thorough washing. A once-a-year deep washing of the walls brightens up the room. Clean the walls just enough to improve their look without streaking or damaging the paint. Cleaning painted walls with the proper cleaning solution and approach yields the greatest results. In this article, experts from Mehervi are going to explain how to clean your walls and keep your interior walls alive for a longer period of time with few simple steps. Also, what’s the importance of expert cleaning service in New york City and why Mehervi is the best house cleaning service in NYC.
1.First of all you should know what type of paint is on the wall.
Select the appropriate cleaning procedure for painted walls based on the kind of wall finish.
- More prone to chipping and wearing off are finishes that are flat, eggshell, or stained. Avoid scrubbing too hard or using an abrasive cleanser. Use a solution of water mixed with a gentle detergent instead than using harsh chemicals.
- Semigloss or glossy coatings, which are popular on kitchen walls, are
strong enough to withstand degreasing cleansers. Scratches can also occur to them.
Warm water diluted with a non-abrasive cleanser can be used to clean
latex paint finishes.
Keep in mind that we can never give a wash to newly painted walls and will have to wait at least two weeks before we give them first wash.
2. Prep work is the most Important and we do it by Dusting walls
First things first: take down any wall-mounted artwork, lamps, or other items.
- To ensure you have enough space, rearrange furnishings.
- Use a tack or cheese cloth to gently wipe the walls to remove dust.
Expert Advice in this scenario: To collect any water that may leak from the walls while cleaning. Place newspapers, drop cloths, or towels on the floor up against the baseboards.
3.It’s for sure time to Wash the walls
Using just warm water, you might be able to clean walls effectively. If there are stains or markings, use soapy water. A tiny amount of mild detergent and water should be combined. please Don’t forget your cooking gloves as they work the most in this situation.
Here we go;
- you will need to Fill a bucket halfway with warm, soapy water. Also, we will need another bucket with clean warm water.I am sure you are asking in your head why? the answer is to rinse :). then you will need to Wring out a gentle cleaning sponge thoroughly.
- A distant area of the wall, such as behind a piece of furniture or wall art, should be tested .We have to do it before using any type of cleaning agent. So that we could ensure it won’t smear or damage the paint. Because all we need to do is wash our walls and not take out the paint end up with heavy repair costs later on.
- Applying the somewhat moist sponge in a circular motion, begin at the top left corner of the wall and work your way down.
- It is highly advisable to use a sponge mop with a long handle when cleaning large rooms or rooms with particularly high walls, as using a ladder is not a safe option at all
- what I will say stay away from colorful soaps and dyed sponges since they may leave stains.
- Advice: To help the surplus water dry more quickly. Try washing your walls on a warm, dry day so you can open the windows afterward.
4.In case there are stains and Marks on the wall
It will be simpler to erase a scratch, stain, or discoloration on the wall if you take care of it right away.
- Instead of using soap or a cleanser, try lightly dabbing the stain with a moist cloth or a sponge that isn’t too rough.
- now if it works, its well and good. But if it doesn’t work, gently clean the mark with a moist cloth dipped in dry baking soda. a combination of baking soda and water can also work
- If necessary, use a stronger chemical cleaning after testing. But testing is the most important before using any chemical as we described above.
- After finishing, wipe the surface thoroughly with a towel or sponge. Its important to eliminate any cleaning residue and we go with a spotess clean wall.
5.Paint Touch up is Important, in case you have messed up a bit
If you can’t erase tough stains or blemishes off the wall with cleaning, you may need to disguise them using touch-up paint. In case you have messed up the paint a little bit while testing. now its time to give it a little touch up. in both the cases, use the method below.
- The most important thing is availability and the right code. If possible, use the original can of paint that was used to paint the wall surfaces in the very beggining. Also use the same method of application. A tiny brush if it was brushed on, a roller if it was rolled on, and so on.
- If you need to buy extra paint, make sure it’s the same hue and shine. Again here comes the trickiest part. in this case you will probably need a little help from a professional.
Allow to dry after gently rolling or feathering the area with a little amount of touch-up paint and we are are with a totally shiny, spoteless new wall.
Thanks for reading this article and benefiting yourself from such an amazing information. See, this is the goal of Mehervi. Keeping the clients updated with latests trends and techniques. In order for our customers to make informed decisions whenever they need and where they are. Explore blog by Mehervi to keep yourself updated and visit www.Mehervi.com to book your next cleaning service in NYC, professional house painters and Professional laundry cleaners in NYC.